Download Job Application [pdf]
Why Work for The Arc?
Imagine coming to work everyday and making a difference in someone’s life. Imagine leaving work everyday feeling fulfilled. That is what employment at The Arc offers -- a chance for your daily work to be meaningful and honorable; a job with true meaning and purpose. Everyday, we provide care to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Our goal is to enrich their lives, but in the process, we find our lives enriched by them. Come join our team and become part of The Arc. You’ll discover that your heart grows and your life is richer.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check, drug testing and driving record check.
- For direct-care positions, must have at least one year of experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD), nursing home or childcare experience.
- For certain positions must possess a valid drivers license
- Professional positions, such as RN, LPN, or Behaviorist, require professional certification
- Professional positions may also require a college degree or additional years of experience.
- 9 paid holidays a year
- 12 sick days per year
- 2 weeks of paid vacation per year, after the first year.
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Health insurance, life insurance, and dental insurance.
- Enrollment in a health savings account
- Participation in a credit union.
- Tax-sheltered annuity retirement plan