A Charter School of the St. Johns County School District An affiliate program of The Arc of the St. Johns
COMPELLING VALUE – MEASURABLE OUTCOMES
A typical student will graduate from high school at the age of 18. The average student with IDD or other qualifying ESE measures, may complete public high school at the age of 21. The Community Campus provides a vocationally focused opportunity for students to prepare for gainful employment and practical life skills upon graduation.
- Reintroduce to peers of similar ages and interests
- Community involvement through work,social interests, civic responsibilities, clubs, organizations, and hobbies
- Living in the least restrictive residential setting upon graduation
- Having established non paid supports
- Graduating into an employment field in the students area of interest
- Successfully supporting hundreds of individuals in employment since 1991
Community Training Partners:
- Community Service
- Food Service
- Building, home & garden
The Community Campus is designed to mimic a 4 year extended educational track. Our belief is that every person can make informed choices with positive exposure to interesting experiences. The unique learning styles of the students are taken into consideration in all lessons. The student’s personal goals become the focus of every step in the process.
Experiment – Introduced to new activities, ideas and experiences, students discover interests, likes and talents.
Empower – Students begin to define their individual areas of focus and develop realistic plans to expand them.
Envision – A detailed Vocational, Social and Residential profile is developed and the students work on defining and organizing opportunities.
Engage – The students begin to follow the plan they develop and may be actively job seeking, searching for apartments, becoming involved in various clubs and organizations, and actively involved in the community.
A PRACTICAL EDUCATION
- Financial Planning and Money Management
- Functional Academics and Technology
- Building Relationships
- Communications.Travel and Mobility
- Community Living